Sunday, October 3, 2010

OPNO LOVES... Omani Doors

When I build my house (I will build it here, God Willing), I want a traditional wooden carved door salvaged from an old home, and I am going to have it painted green. This I know already:)
I also know where to have the iron doors made for the gate of the property. If I find an old one, even better.
Probably the most overdone art subject IN Oman, but... A Saudi man once told me the reason people painted their doors such bright colours is so that people could give directions to their homes in the days before street addresses. This could be one of those myths that he told me but...
Aren't they just lovely? I have friends who salvaged one from a house being torn down and they fashioned it into a lovely coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy