Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Omani Women's Dress

To be honest, I love Omani traditional dress more than any other Gulf fashion. I love the warqiya (shawl) worn on the head [reminds me of a bridal veil] and the delicate embroidered on the hem of the pants that tickles my ankles when I walk. No other Gulf formal dress lets you climb a mountain, or ride a horse with such ease.
Usually only worn for weddings and henna parties now, the traditional dress needs to be taken up by more designers and Omani girls to keep it be being up to date and regularily worn.
These are some of the few designs I have seen based on now non-traditional handwork. Not quite my style, but very girly. What do you think? Do you like them? I love the party veil pictured below. Would PROBABLY never wear it (though I am the girl that wore a birqa to Eid all day to win a bet [not for money])....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy