Friday, October 15, 2010

Driving in Oman: BAD OPNO, doing it without a lisence AGAIN

On our Sharqiyah excursion, I drove. Now I know, yes, the law is, until you HAVE your full lisence, you have to drive in one of those white cars with red strips, but the car was sans insurance anyway. No I do not have an Omani lisence. But I did officially get the green little cover in Seeb near the airport that says I can LEARN from the ROP OFFICIALLY!!!!! Alhamdulilah, I am going to be FREE!!!! I had a great time driving all the way from Sur to Al Amerat, and no accidents or troubles, though I had never done a roundabout before Sur. But one thing I did notice is I had my foot on the gas to pass this horrible weighted down truck through the mountains, and the RPM was up and it was just making alot of noise. NO, Z, your little Kia does not have the speed that I am used to!:[Above is highschool OPNO, and no, that is no longer her lisence plate so my identity cannot be learned from that lol]. I asked Z about what would happen if I drove around muscat in a souped up pink mustang or Jeep. I mean, would it be okay or would the attention from the boys noticing it was a girl's car drive me to drive myself into a barrier or baisa bus. Z said it would be fine (and this is the chick that makes me sit facing a certain direction in restaurants, so I guess all is good). (I love Mustangs and Jeeps though I know neither are super good quality, forgive me, I am a girl). Unlike our Muscat shebab, I don't appaud car scenes in movies, or give a moment of silence out of respect when a nice Mercedes or Jag. drives by. The Shanfari building does not stop my heart. I have to be driving a Ferrari on the track to appreciate it. And I have only ever driven a Lambourghini, which honestly I like more than Ferrari, personally. Frankly, to drive it around Muscat seems a bit silly to me. You'd be like that fat Qatari dude in a youtube vid I am too lazy to search for who doens't know how to drive it. I'd rather have a decent Range rover, and jeep. I am good at driving Jeeps, manual/standard even. Their klutch system makes sense to me. Or a good old Toyota truck, lol.Anyways, driving from Al Amerat to Qurayat on the way to Sur reminds me to driving to the Big Sur on the California coast highway back in North America. Even some of the geography is the same, only in Oman, you don't spot alot of cattle on the way to Sur. And I have great hopes for passing my driving test here in Oman. Because if these folks passed:Then there is REALLY no reason that I wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy