Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rant: Tasteless and Tacky Fashion Abound

Ughhhhhh, serriously I have never seen a place with MORE leopard print+florals and unsightly netting and ruffles (on a perfectly decent fashion top otherwise!!!!) EVER in MY WHOLE LIFE!!!! [I love Oman, I love Oman, I love Oman, I whisper to myself, sometimes while shopping, to remind myself].

Serriously, the other day, I say a woman with a tank top that had FEATHER AND TASELLS positioned at the rather awkward position of both boobs. Yep. LIKE A STRIPPER with nipple tassels. That was a new one.
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Some fashions are really just so tacky and gaudy or badly ornamented that I have alot of fun shopping. My little sister loves it (just her off-mix of style---but she can pull off that whole Japanese pop look too [or thinks she can?!]). I know where to shop for nice Arab designer drafts (Zuhair Murad is a fave) but I go crazy at some of the evening get-ups sported by Grandmothers here in the Sultanate. Jlo's Versace number was pure class & modesty compared to the Vegas get-ups flounted by some of my friends' grandmothers lol. Anyways, there's a lot of lovely designs too. This post is just about the bad ones.
Casual wear USUALLY doesn't get much better. Yeah. Not much else to say. You can find some really dirt cheap trendy pieces mixed in with all the fashion police warranted ones. This is a really sucky post, please forgive. I just didn't find what I was looking for the other day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy