Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Kitchen, what to do, what to do...

My kitchen is tiled as above. Which could look brilliant, somehow. But I am more Omani rustic and country kitchen, really, so I want to mix the looks. These ones I love: And THIS, is more my husband's childhood memory of "kitchen":
Note, most traditional Omani houses don't HAVE a kitchen, they cooked in a moving manner. Which I cannot do, but I want to take some of those traditional Omani features and mix it with our aqua tiles. Since, well, our style really is simple, humble, back to the advent of Islam interior arctectural features with modern amenities. When we build our house, that's what it, inshaAllah will be. For now, paint, me re-doing the ceilings with fake beams and wovem palm, and accessories, is what we are going on up until that point, and we don't want to waste any money, since we want most feautes to be entirely moveable to the next house (paint excluded). To be honest, this is more what I grew up with since my father liked cooking and always renoed the kitchen first: So that is PROBABLY how my taste was formed. French Country kitchen (though he had a thing for yellow). I love copper hanging pots and wooden spoons, and totally stocked pantries... I love old Bahla pottery with flowers arranged on the island... not that my kitchen FITS an Island...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy