Sunday, November 7, 2010

Introducing the Drews, and a little Dhofar War history

Mrs. Drew, responsible for planting many of the Sultan's trees around SOAF Salalah.Kerry Drew, Muqaddam, SOAF Salalah. Once of the Essex Regiment.

I have always been fascinated by history, and the story of the Dhofar Insurgancy is of course one, I as a Westerner, am highly unfamiliar with, due to its lack of coverage in my home country, and being, it was a little before my birth. So I am not at fault for my ignorance.
But living here now, I am starting to research it, as I see it affecting politics and WASTA from time to time, lol, and I happened to stumble on this cute little photostream on flickr while doing so: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianharringtonspier/sets/72157600531648435/ & http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianharringtonspier/sets/72157610414161556/ which show Oman from the 70s- the 80s in Muscat/Mutrah and Dhofar regions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy