Friday, August 13, 2010
From Vacuums to Vespas. More Unlikely Things Crystallized With Swarovski.
above: detail of the special edition Swarovski Crystallized Electrolux Ergorapido vacuum.
Swarovski has done a superb job of marketing themselves. Once a company known for small knick knacks of Austrian crystal that stood on Grandma's mantel and flat backed crystals for the BeDazzler crowd, they reinvented themselves over the past decade.
Their foray into several things such as Swarovski Crystallized and Swarovski Elements; architectural elements and lighting, fine jewelry, sponsoring music and fashion events (Fashion Rocks), launching a magazine, outfitting hotels and more has turned them into a hip luxury brand recognized for blinging out everything from headphones to handbags. And The Swarovski Crystal Palace boasts some of the world's most famous designers who have incorporated the crystals into their designs.
above: the Crystal Roc iPad cover comes in 17 different colors and has over 3,000 Swarovski crystals. Available for $1,741.20
This is not my first post on Swarovski studded and encrusted items. Way back in 2007, I covered a ton of products embellished with the Austrian crystals on my Swarovski Studs Anything That Stands Still post. I've even blogged about Swarovski crystallized guitars, sinks and washbasins, band-aids and a bicycle. But get ready for some even more bizarre blinging.
By now we've become accustom to Swarovski studded computer and phone cases (even iPad covers like the one shown above), high end fashion embellished with the crystals and chandeliers clad in them. But several more unusual objects continue to be accented with the Austrian crystals and here's just a few of the latest.
Swarovski Crystal vacuum:
A special edition of the Electrolux Ergorapido features Swarovski crystals. Designed by Polish fashion designer Lukasz Jemiol, the lightweight hand vac takes on a whole different feel when sparkling.
The special black edition Ergorapido is encrusted with 3,730 Swarovski crystals.
Swarovski Crystal Dog bed:
The Blingmania Luxus Dog Lounge is reportedly the most expensive dog bed ever made. Made in Germany for Koko von Knebel, the cover of this velvet dog bed is covered with 95,000 Swarovski Crystals, that are not uncomfortable for your pet, but instead feel like a massage. Made to order, the bed can be adorned with your choice of color of Swarovski Crystals.
The cover is removable by a zipper and can be carefully washed by hand. The interior has an antibacterial/anti-allergenic filling. The external dimensions are 80 x 60 centimenters, height of the edge is 27 cm, and at the front is 12 cm. The cushion is 65 x 50 cm with 8 cm of filling.
12.999,00€ or approximately $16,626.00
Buy it here
Swarovski Crystal Dinnerware:
The Prouna Jewel collection is a series of formal China settings, teapots and more made with Swarovski Crystals that are actually dishwasher safe:
See an extensive article on this dinnerware here.
Swarovski Coat Hooks:
The BOLT S is characterized by an embedded Swarovski, as is the Seawater Coat Hook. Both are available from Insilvis.
Swarovski Light Switches and dimmer switches:
The Fontini 1950 collection of jewel light switches and dimmer switches represent the “Haute Couture” of interior design. These electrical mechanisms in metal are custom-built. It is possible to choose the finishes, the formats and the colours of the exclusive SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS.
see the collection here.
Swarovski Crystal Home Furnishings
Colombostile's special edition Swarovski cabinet:
Hand-made in Italy, this cabinet is finished in platinum gold leaf and fully covered with Crystallized Swarovski elements). The inside has a silk effect lacquer and one drawer in platinum gold leaf finish covered with velvet.
The Diamond Collection from Edra:
Damier Chaise Longue:
Italian modern furniture design company Edra has a special sparkling collection of their chairs and sofas. The Diamond collection takes some of their pieces by various designers and adds a luxurious light and glow by adding Swarovski Crystals.
On The Rocks:
Swarovski Crystal Wallcoverings:
The Swarovski Crystal accented wallpaper from Maya Romanoff is available with either a clear Swarovski crystal accent or a Swarovski pearl accent.
Johanna Basford created this stunning Delirium wallpaper that is accented with Swarovski Crystals:
Swarovski Crystal Vintage Vespa:
And thanks to Born Rich, I discovered this blinged out Vespa made by German company Stonerichworld. The 1961 Vespa VVB 150 is covered in 150,000 Swarovski crystals. It took four years for to develop a technique to apply the crystals without tearing down the underlining original paint and this scooter will run you a whopping $321,150.
- Digitally Printed Glass For The Home By Sprinz
- Omani Chests/ Traditional Boxes in Oman
- I want to read this book: "In the Service of the S...
- Arabic Phrases: MashaAllah
- Al Madina A'Zarqa aka Blue City: Omani Architectur...
- Steven Meisel Shoots A Sexy Miranda Kerr in 3D for...
- Omani Shopping Phrases
- For The True Armchair Athlete. VIP Sports Lounges ...
- WHY I LOVE OMAN: from an Islamic Perspective
- Omani Humble Homes pt. 2
- More Luxury Bike Helmets From Ruby Atelier, Now Wi...
- Steel, Wood & Acrylic Coffee Tables from Square Ro...
- Omani Beduoin Architecture and Interior Design
- Three Abayas I kind of Like
- More Modern Omani architecture
- TAGS: Please note, I am a convert to Islam so I ha...
- Omani Men's Traditional Dress: the Omani Dishdasha...
- More Rooftop Ideas
- R+Evolution Ceramic Wall Tiles By Karim Rashid
- UPDATED PICS: Lady Gaga Mans Up As Jo Calderone Fo...
- Lights Fantastic. New Video & Interactive Site For...
- These Babies Are HOT! Decorative Bioethanol Firepl...
- All My Friends Are Dead. The Book, The Video, The ...
- Style Issue: Hijab and Harem Pants
- Dead Animals Get Decorated By Sandra Musy.
- Kargeen Cafe, Madinat Qaboos, Muscat
- More Omani Architecture
- Rest On Breasts. The Velvet Bikini Cushion.
- Omani Humble Homes pt 1
- Omani Architecture: Al Bustan Palace (also doubles...
- The Unusual & Beautiful Photography of Shoji Uchid...
- MODERN OMANI ARCHITECTURE: The Chedi Hotel, Al Aza...
- Canvas Textured Ceramic Vases & Pots by Kiki van E...
- New Tragically Hip Products From Atypyk
- INTERIOR DESIGN: OMAN feature
- Where to Eid?
- DAILY DIARY: Busy for the next few days...
- Child Brides and Grooms in Oman
- The Dior Autumn Winter Haute Couture Collection Wi...
- Ramadan Thought: Lower Your GAZE!!!
- Modern & Ornate Hand-forged Iron Beds From Ciacci ...
- DAILY DIARY: Dar Al Attaa's 8th Eid Exhibition
- Modernist Metal Birdhouses & Birdfeeders By Joe Pa...
- DAILY DIARY: THE BEFORE PHOTOS of one OPNO flat
- New Jilbab Modern Fashion for Your Collections
- Beautiful Modern Indonesian Muslim Fashion by Mom
- Beautiful girl with brown jilbab modern in muslim ...
- Witty Hand Screen-Printed Tights From Luna & Curio...
- Green, Blue, White, and Purple Arabic Eyeshadow
- Quiltsrÿche. Edgy Quilts By Boo Davis.
- Somebody's Getting Married!!!!!!!!!!!!: ??????????...
- More Traditional Clothes and Jewelry
- Hey Cinderella, Forget The Glass Slipper. Get A Lo...
- How to Make Omani Halwa
- Oman Style: Definately Resort, or Ralph Lauren, fo...
- Quote of the day, via text message
- When is comes down to it....
- Pink-Most Girls
- Cheryl Cole+ Parachute
- Beautiful Muslim Fashion Clothing Design
- Combine Western fashion with a Muslim dress code
- Sexy Islamic Girls Scoll Muslim Fashion
- More Bedroom Love for Moi/ And my BFF A
- For me, there is just something about Masculine Be...
- Eternal Helium Balloons By Clémentine Henrion Immo...
- Cable Tie Jewelry By Ambre France.
- How to Use Powder Kohl Eye Liner
- Bionic Skulls Series by Roberto + Colleen Crivello...
- Hair Dryers That Will Blow Your Mind From Ferrari,...
- The Book, My Book: Last Chapter
- Sport Abaya
- Daily Diary: eid abaya shopping=I bought nothing
- The Leaf Swing & Leaf Hammock For Adults By Albert...
- Omani Kumas---how they are made
- Drill Baby, A Narratively Tattooed Infant From Ja...
- Female Circumcision in Oman
- Ramadan Day 5
- Ramadan Day 4
- Nama "Stay" - Puppies & Kittens Strike Yoga Poses ...
- Advertising Concept For Cartier Combines Luxury Wi...
- Horror Stories Involving Omani Taxis
- Prouna Jewels, Swarovski Clad Luxury Bone China Di...
- Ramadan Day 3
- Ramadan Day 2
- Surfboards Inspired By WWII Fighter Planes From Ka...
- From Vacuums to Vespas. More Unlikely Things Cryst...
- Ramadan Day 1
- Funny Ramadan Commercial Number 1: and more about ...
- La Perla Lingerie Bustier Chairs For De Ponte Stud...
- Getting Omani Traditional Clothes Made at the Tail...
- The BOOK: Chapter 1 pt. III
- "You have face like Omani!"
- WTH do they HAVE UNDER THERE?!!!!!: the lump under...
- Sweet Structures. Buildings Made Of Sugarcubes by ...
- Cute Little Girl in Mutrah
- Quote of the day, and ooooookay, so TOMORROW is Ra...
- Little Girl's Hairstyles
- Ramdan to do list: Night Before
- Ramadan may be tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- K, so just to show there is an abaya for every wom...
- ▼ August (141)
- ► 2009 (391)