Saturday, August 21, 2010

DAILY DIARY: THE BEFORE PHOTOS of one OPNO flat

BTW, since the pictures REALLY don't show it, the pallette for the room is as above>my friends took the photographs. On their cellphone. So forgive.
Since I was living a TOTALLY Beduoin/couch surfing lifestyle, my handy laundry hampers provided instant table/wardrobe functionality and were very moveable from camping to staying at friends'. I love them.
This is my kitchen. Which I am so happy to have after being without for sooooooooo long. With a REAL oven lol, which my old space did not have. It is here, that I learned how to make halwa. I am buying next time I'm in Barka, no offense, but making halwa is HARRRRRRRD.
OPNO's favourite place is her makeshift "reading nook" where she drafts her Oman Travel diaries/novel. Camping mat, spare mattress, and mosquitoe net, and pillow cases stuffed with sleeping bags and clothing (lol, when I get a budget, you'll see ACTUAL design in the space). This is making do design. I am still happy with it. Someday you'll see a real majlis maybe????? Weeee'll see.
And my mini-hall-Majlis (that was my old bed for MONTHS!). When it get cooler out am gonna get creative on the rooftop. And my little Baby, who the neighbors want to name Ohood and Warda. Um, she had a name from her owners before, and answers to that, and Baby, soooo... no to the Arabic names. Sorry ALL.
Like my attempt to hide the AC????
Now, know, my decorating budget thus far has ran exactly FIVE RIALS, so that is pretty good for doing with gifts from other people. Expect AMAZING things (inshaAllah) when I have more folous (cash).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy