Sunday, August 8, 2010
The Archipod. Round and Radical Prefab Office Space.
In the interest of fairness (and interesting blogging), I've featured a fabulous Polyhedron shaped office and garden pod, so now, I have to give some press to this wonderful round one!
The Archipod is a prefabricated red cedar shingle-clad insulated structure that opens with a gullwing door. The spherical unit is complete with a built in ergonomic desk, drawers , porthole windows and skylight and is wired with dimmable lights, an electric heater, outlets, a phone line and even a smoke alarm!
The Archipod has a porthole window which allows the natural light to come in and one can order special custom drawers and hardwood veneered desktops. Carpet is also available by request.
The gullwing front door, which has gas strut assistance, comes with a push handle and deadlock:
The curved built in desk measures just over 10 feet and is available in 30 different colors of Marmoleum® linoleum:
The structure is prefabricated in sections that are sized to allow all the parts to be carried through a house, so it doesn’t matter where you live, we will be able to get the ‘Pod’ into your back garden.
Because of its unique shape and the generous natural light from the roof dome, the ‘Pod’ actually looks bigger on the inside than the outside.
'The Pod' Floor Plan & Specs:
Size: 2.9m diameter internally at the widest point x 2.5m to top of dome.
* Curved plywood structural box with encapsulated fibreglass insulation, plasterboard finish internally on high performance foil insulation and vapour barrier to a standard that exceeds current building regulations.
* Fully plastered and decorated after installation, so no visible internal jointing strips.
* Western Red Cedar shingles, blue label grade, on breathable waterproof membrane on battens.
* Cedar shingles are available treated or untreated.
* fatpod section1.0m diameter hinged double skin polycarbonate roof dome to maximise natural light and ventilation.
* Double glazed stainless steel porthole window.
* 8nr Dimmable spotlights
* Concealed background mood lighting, separately switched from spotlights.
* 3nr 13amp Power outlets (these can be extended below the desk using the cable management to provide more outlets.)
* Electric panel heater
* Consumer Unit with MCB’s for power and lighting. (Connection to the house or mains supply is not included – we recommend that an RCD is fiited to the supply end of the incoming SWA cable)
* Data outlet for connection of phone lines
* Smoke alarm
* Fused spur or socket for connection of a security alarm)
* An ergonomic semicircular desk, 700mm deep and an effective curved length of 3.1m, finished in a range of ‘Marmoleum® Real’ colours to the customers choice, with 2 cable grommets in the top and cable management below. (see the full range of available Marmoleum® Real and Dual colours, go here)
* Bespoke drawer units and hardwood wood veneered desktops are available by special request.
* Suspended timber floor with 70mm fibreglass insulation and high performance quilt.
* Floor covering is generally not included, as this enables customers to choose to suit their own requirements. However, we can provide fitted carpet if required. We recommend that carpet is fitted with underlay to improve comfort and acoustics.
* Concrete pads or steel posts, depending onpon ground conditions.
* Top hinged gullwing door, with gas strut assistance
* Push handles and deadlock.
For further info
Director: Chris Sneesby
Registered Office: Unit 4, Handley Park
Elvington Ind Est
York Road, Elvington
North Yorkshire, YO41 4AR
- Digitally Printed Glass For The Home By Sprinz
- Omani Chests/ Traditional Boxes in Oman
- I want to read this book: "In the Service of the S...
- Arabic Phrases: MashaAllah
- Al Madina A'Zarqa aka Blue City: Omani Architectur...
- Steven Meisel Shoots A Sexy Miranda Kerr in 3D for...
- Omani Shopping Phrases
- For The True Armchair Athlete. VIP Sports Lounges ...
- WHY I LOVE OMAN: from an Islamic Perspective
- Omani Humble Homes pt. 2
- More Luxury Bike Helmets From Ruby Atelier, Now Wi...
- Steel, Wood & Acrylic Coffee Tables from Square Ro...
- Omani Beduoin Architecture and Interior Design
- Three Abayas I kind of Like
- More Modern Omani architecture
- TAGS: Please note, I am a convert to Islam so I ha...
- Omani Men's Traditional Dress: the Omani Dishdasha...
- More Rooftop Ideas
- R+Evolution Ceramic Wall Tiles By Karim Rashid
- UPDATED PICS: Lady Gaga Mans Up As Jo Calderone Fo...
- Lights Fantastic. New Video & Interactive Site For...
- These Babies Are HOT! Decorative Bioethanol Firepl...
- All My Friends Are Dead. The Book, The Video, The ...
- Style Issue: Hijab and Harem Pants
- Dead Animals Get Decorated By Sandra Musy.
- Kargeen Cafe, Madinat Qaboos, Muscat
- More Omani Architecture
- Rest On Breasts. The Velvet Bikini Cushion.
- Omani Humble Homes pt 1
- Omani Architecture: Al Bustan Palace (also doubles...
- The Unusual & Beautiful Photography of Shoji Uchid...
- MODERN OMANI ARCHITECTURE: The Chedi Hotel, Al Aza...
- Canvas Textured Ceramic Vases & Pots by Kiki van E...
- New Tragically Hip Products From Atypyk
- INTERIOR DESIGN: OMAN feature
- Where to Eid?
- DAILY DIARY: Busy for the next few days...
- Child Brides and Grooms in Oman
- The Dior Autumn Winter Haute Couture Collection Wi...
- Ramadan Thought: Lower Your GAZE!!!
- Modern & Ornate Hand-forged Iron Beds From Ciacci ...
- DAILY DIARY: Dar Al Attaa's 8th Eid Exhibition
- Modernist Metal Birdhouses & Birdfeeders By Joe Pa...
- DAILY DIARY: THE BEFORE PHOTOS of one OPNO flat
- New Jilbab Modern Fashion for Your Collections
- Beautiful Modern Indonesian Muslim Fashion by Mom
- Beautiful girl with brown jilbab modern in muslim ...
- Witty Hand Screen-Printed Tights From Luna & Curio...
- Green, Blue, White, and Purple Arabic Eyeshadow
- Quiltsrÿche. Edgy Quilts By Boo Davis.
- Somebody's Getting Married!!!!!!!!!!!!: ??????????...
- More Traditional Clothes and Jewelry
- Hey Cinderella, Forget The Glass Slipper. Get A Lo...
- How to Make Omani Halwa
- Oman Style: Definately Resort, or Ralph Lauren, fo...
- Quote of the day, via text message
- When is comes down to it....
- Pink-Most Girls
- Cheryl Cole+ Parachute
- Beautiful Muslim Fashion Clothing Design
- Combine Western fashion with a Muslim dress code
- Sexy Islamic Girls Scoll Muslim Fashion
- More Bedroom Love for Moi/ And my BFF A
- For me, there is just something about Masculine Be...
- Eternal Helium Balloons By Clémentine Henrion Immo...
- Cable Tie Jewelry By Ambre France.
- How to Use Powder Kohl Eye Liner
- Bionic Skulls Series by Roberto + Colleen Crivello...
- Hair Dryers That Will Blow Your Mind From Ferrari,...
- The Book, My Book: Last Chapter
- Sport Abaya
- Daily Diary: eid abaya shopping=I bought nothing
- The Leaf Swing & Leaf Hammock For Adults By Albert...
- Omani Kumas---how they are made
- Drill Baby, A Narratively Tattooed Infant From Ja...
- Female Circumcision in Oman
- Ramadan Day 5
- Ramadan Day 4
- Nama "Stay" - Puppies & Kittens Strike Yoga Poses ...
- Advertising Concept For Cartier Combines Luxury Wi...
- Horror Stories Involving Omani Taxis
- Prouna Jewels, Swarovski Clad Luxury Bone China Di...
- Ramadan Day 3
- Ramadan Day 2
- Surfboards Inspired By WWII Fighter Planes From Ka...
- From Vacuums to Vespas. More Unlikely Things Cryst...
- Ramadan Day 1
- Funny Ramadan Commercial Number 1: and more about ...
- La Perla Lingerie Bustier Chairs For De Ponte Stud...
- Getting Omani Traditional Clothes Made at the Tail...
- The BOOK: Chapter 1 pt. III
- "You have face like Omani!"
- WTH do they HAVE UNDER THERE?!!!!!: the lump under...
- Sweet Structures. Buildings Made Of Sugarcubes by ...
- Cute Little Girl in Mutrah
- Quote of the day, and ooooookay, so TOMORROW is Ra...
- Little Girl's Hairstyles
- Ramdan to do list: Night Before
- Ramadan may be tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- K, so just to show there is an abaya for every wom...
- ▼ August (141)
- ► 2009 (391)