Tuesday, February 2, 2010

London Calling

Hey everyone!

Since moving to England in November, I'm still very into doing 'tourist-y' stuff and I've managed to do a bit of sightseeing around London in the past couple months. It really is an exciting city - there's so much to do and see and what I've seen so far is only a very small percentage of what is available.

As an aspiring Fashion Visual Merchandiser, it's the shop window displays that grab my attention the most because they're so beautiful and creative, they're all over London and I don't have to spend any money at all to appreciate them.

Over the holidays, I took some snaps of a few Christmas displays that I liked and I thought I'd share them with you.


Harvey Nichols






Harrods








Pinko




Zara





As I previously mentioned, I also visited the Fashion & Textile Museum in London a while ago where there was a small exhibition featuring the works of Marion Foale and Sally Tuffin, influential fashion design duo of the 1960s.

As everyone knows, in the fashion world, what goes around comes around and many of the pieces on display could, with some minor adjustments, very well fit into the wardrobes of today's fashionable women.


Foale & Tuffin Exhibition at the Fashion & Textile Museum


Tabitha Big Sleeve Floral Tea Dress
Price: UK£20.00 (US$31.90)



Price: UK£40.00 (US$67.99)



Domino Print Dress
Currently out of stock



Below are a Foale & Tuffin photo spread and some of their fashion sketches.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy