Saturday, January 30, 2010

Still Alive kinda

I am sitting in my flat in the kinda Muscat aria. That is all I am going to say. The net here is not that grate, 99% dew to the fact that we do not have net and just a little stick from nawras that is 2OR for 48 hours of unlimited internet. Sweet eh, but its kinda (meaning really) slow dew to the flat I am in. My old cell I would have to sit by the front door of the flat to get decent reception hahaha. Lucky that on Eid I got a new one. I think this Eid was the best one i have ever had. It was my first one in Oman, and I hope it will not be my last. Oman is a really nice country. The food is a meat lovers paradise, I have never eaten so much meat as I have here. Oh my gosh the Eids. I was eating the best lamb shuwa for like one week striate for every meal (no joke, the flat fridge is tinny and all we could fit in was the meat and rice) . We would have eaten it longer but friends noticed that my flat mate and I where only eating that so they tuck us out to eat something ells to brake it up. So can anyone guess what it was? Anyone? Yep you guessed it! It was Shawarma~ Anyone in Oman will tell you the thing to get for fast food is shawarma. I have eaten so much shawarma that we now have a running inside joke at the flat. Shaworma is said in a tone between "I once upon a time remembered liking this" and "I wonder if I add up all the shaworma I have eaten, how many lambs that would be?". At summer camp one year a long way back some consular added up how much bacon was ingested that summer. The answer was Two and a half Bob's of bacon (Bob is a 300+ pound cook with a temper and big knife). Where was I? Ah yes Eid. It was grate. The weather was cooling down and feels like it is starting to pick up a little just as I had gotten used to wherein little sweaters under my abaya. Not so bad, the way I see it that means I can start swimming in the ocean again soon. There is this one beach I have been wanting to try out for so long. There is even a big crater that is filled with water that seeped into it from the ocean that looks cool. So much to try and see and do in the next month. I hope I can fit it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy