Today I went on my regular Saturday thrift hunt and while the sales weren't as abundant as the last time I went, I still got some good stuff. This was a case of quality over quantity I guess. I'm on vacation now (whispers a silent thank you prayer) so I have a lot more time and energy to devote to retail therapy.
At the first sale I got a skirt and also a leather bag that the owner told me she bought for over $100 but never used it. Pity, but it's mine now haha!
At the second sale, I got a hat and a little purse from what I thought was a sweet old lady until she tried to sell me a mini April 2008 Marie Claire magazine for $5, non-negotiable. Fat chance! Yeah, I'm that ...ahem...frugal. At most garage sales I go to, used and much larger magazines sell for around 50 cents.
I took my hat and purse and left a happy woman with my $5, which I used later to buy a ring from a store.
Ah well, I still ended up spending it.
N.B BDS $1 = US $0.50
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- Cool Vintage Finds - Pumpin' 80s
- Fatal Attraction 2 - White Handbags
- No longer a Polyvorgin...
- Fashion Inspiration - Vivid Colour
- What I'm wearing - Sunny disposition
- Love this - H&M Summer 08 TV Spot
- The Short and the Belted
- Like it or not? - Net Heel Boots
- Random Thoughts - Always in Vogue
- Sale Alert - Discoo
- The Headdress Affair: A Floral Fantasy
- Celebrity Style for less - Diane Kruger
- D’oh! I’ve been tagged…
- Cool Vintage Find - Playing with colour blocks
- Blog Announcement - FA2F Blog Badge
- Indie Designer Spotlight - MyBLACKShop
- Fashion Inspiration - Lightning Bolts
- What I got - Saturday Shopping
- Sale Alert and Giveaway - Tilly's
- Met Costume Gala - Make me a superhero!
- Blog Announcement - New Header
- Get it for way less - Christian Siriano Blouse
- Like it or not? - Jacket Skort
- Random Thoughts - Style from a childhood past
- Ebay Spring Trend - Sheer cover
- ▼ May (25)