Saturday, May 10, 2008

What I got - Saturday Shopping

Today I went on my regular Saturday thrift hunt and while the sales weren't as abundant as the last time I went, I still got some good stuff. This was a case of quality over quantity I guess. I'm on vacation now (whispers a silent thank you prayer) so I have a lot more time and energy to devote to retail therapy.

At the first sale I got a skirt and also a leather bag that the owner told me she bought for over $100 but never used it. Pity, but it's mine now haha!

At the second sale, I got a hat and a little purse from what I thought was a sweet old lady until she tried to sell me a mini April 2008 Marie Claire magazine for $5, non-negotiable. Fat chance! Yeah, I'm that ...ahem...frugal. At most garage sales I go to, used and much larger magazines sell for around 50 cents.

I took my hat and purse and left a happy woman with my $5, which I used later to buy a ring from a store.

Ah well, I still ended up spending it.



N.B BDS $1 = US $0.50


Pleated black and white skirt - BDS$3


Red and silver cocktail ring - BDS$5


Green netted hat - BDS$5


Navy houndstooth purse - BDS$5


Hieroglyphics Leather Purse - BDS$10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy