Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Like it or not? - Jacket Skort

When I got my sewing machine for Christmas last year, I scoured many different websites and online communities for inspiration. Clothing reconstruction was one of the concepts I was introduced to and although I didn't like everything I saw, I was still incredibly amazed at the level of skill and creativity.

Yesterday I stumbled on this reconstructed skort made from two secondhand jackets from fashion designer from the Netherlands named Tineke Greijdanus.



I've seen this baggy pants style on quite a few street fashion blogs. Personally, this one is not for me but what do you think of this creation?


I found this on a website called DesignSpotter which is an online "design magazine dedicated to everything related to young modern contemporary design including: accessoires, books, design-contests, exhibitions, fashion, furniture, hotels, lighting, new materials, residential architecture, interior design and prototypes."

Visit the DesignSpotter website

Visit Tineke Greijdanus' website to see more of his work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy