The Metropolitan Costume Institute Gala held on May 6 brought out the heavy hitters in both fashion and entertainment. The theme for the night was "Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy" but it was more fashion than fantasy.
While most of the dresses that night were gorgeous, many did not reflect the theme at all. However, there were few brave souls who took the risk and did their best interpretation of the superhero fantasy theme, both retro and futuristic. Some of these dresses would not have worked on a normal red carpet but as it was a costume gala, I think they were perfectly fitting.
So my question to you, who had the best superhero(ine) costume?
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- Cool Vintage Finds - Pumpin' 80s
- Fatal Attraction 2 - White Handbags
- No longer a Polyvorgin...
- Fashion Inspiration - Vivid Colour
- What I'm wearing - Sunny disposition
- Love this - H&M Summer 08 TV Spot
- The Short and the Belted
- Like it or not? - Net Heel Boots
- Random Thoughts - Always in Vogue
- Sale Alert - Discoo
- The Headdress Affair: A Floral Fantasy
- Celebrity Style for less - Diane Kruger
- D’oh! I’ve been tagged…
- Cool Vintage Find - Playing with colour blocks
- Blog Announcement - FA2F Blog Badge
- Indie Designer Spotlight - MyBLACKShop
- Fashion Inspiration - Lightning Bolts
- What I got - Saturday Shopping
- Sale Alert and Giveaway - Tilly's
- Met Costume Gala - Make me a superhero!
- Blog Announcement - New Header
- Get it for way less - Christian Siriano Blouse
- Like it or not? - Jacket Skort
- Random Thoughts - Style from a childhood past
- Ebay Spring Trend - Sheer cover
- ▼ May (25)