Think the Philip Treacy hat Sarah Jessica Parker wore to the Sex and the City London premiere was over the top?
The ultimate in extravagant floral headwear was seen at the 7th annual Tulips and Pansies: The Headdress Affair on May 15. The purpose of the event was to raise money for Village Care of New York’s various support programs for the 1500 AIDS and HIV patients they care for daily.
Some of fashion’s top designers such as Betsey Johnson, Catherine Malandrino and Lela Rose teamed up with New York City’s most prestigious florists to create the most imaginative and outrageous toppers using fresh cut flowers and living foliage.
The headdresses were judged on the categories ‘Most Outrageous’, ‘Most Beautiful’, ‘Most Original’ and ‘Most Engaging’.
If you were a judge, which ones would be your winners?
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- Cool Vintage Finds - Pumpin' 80s
- Fatal Attraction 2 - White Handbags
- No longer a Polyvorgin...
- Fashion Inspiration - Vivid Colour
- What I'm wearing - Sunny disposition
- Love this - H&M Summer 08 TV Spot
- The Short and the Belted
- Like it or not? - Net Heel Boots
- Random Thoughts - Always in Vogue
- Sale Alert - Discoo
- The Headdress Affair: A Floral Fantasy
- Celebrity Style for less - Diane Kruger
- D’oh! I’ve been tagged…
- Cool Vintage Find - Playing with colour blocks
- Blog Announcement - FA2F Blog Badge
- Indie Designer Spotlight - MyBLACKShop
- Fashion Inspiration - Lightning Bolts
- What I got - Saturday Shopping
- Sale Alert and Giveaway - Tilly's
- Met Costume Gala - Make me a superhero!
- Blog Announcement - New Header
- Get it for way less - Christian Siriano Blouse
- Like it or not? - Jacket Skort
- Random Thoughts - Style from a childhood past
- Ebay Spring Trend - Sheer cover
- ▼ May (25)