Saturday, June 7, 2008

What I'm Wearing - Lanvin Inspired

You all may have gathered by now that I loved Lanvin's Spring/Summer 2008 collection. I loved it so much in fact, that when I found out my godmother was getting married, I knew I had to get a dress similar to those in the collection.

I chose this one below in particular for my inspiration because I liked the one shoulder aspect and also because ruffles make me happy!


photo courtesy style.com


I had the dress made by a lady who makes my mother's clothes and this is the end result below which I wore to the wedding today.



I changed the design to suit my body which as you can see is much curvier than the model's, and I wore it with a thin black belt and black peep toe heels. The dress fits my body perfectly and the great thing about it is that it only cost BDS$45 (approx. US$22) to make! I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy