Friday, June 27, 2008

Ethereal glory

I have a real weakness for all things soft and pretty and I am totally enamoured with this really lovely editorial called "Where the crickets sing" photographed by Ellen Von Unwerth for Lula Magazine #2.

I love everything about these shots...the soft glow of light, the curly hair, the flowers, the pearls, the little bunny (isn't it just adorable?). These elements combined make these shots so delicate, feminine and beautiful.





photos courtesy foto decadent
Click
here
for more photos


I was so inspired, in fact, that I decided to experiment with my camera and see if I could possibly get anything remotely decent out of it and I was pleasantly surprised.

It was raining yesterday so I took advantage of the beautiful window light in one of the rooms in my house and took some shots there. My sister was my camera slave for the day, and while it took quite some time to get it right, I think the end result is quite interesting.

I wore a pink embroidered top and this amazing, full, tiered skirt I got from a sale for BDS$5.





Also, if you're interested, below are some really pretty, feminine and affordable dresses that I found.






Peplum Chiffon A Line Dress
Price: US$35.00
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.aspx?pid=1011017036










Romantic Dots Lace Trim Chiffon Dress
Price: US$26.95
http://www.trendyoutfitter.com/rodolatrchdr.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy