Thursday, June 19, 2008

Patching things up with style

I'll admit it, when I hear the word 'patchwork' used in relation to clothing, the very first thing that comes to my mind is the quintessential country bumpkin in a modest dress made out of old pieces of cloth in many different colours and prints.


photo courtesy kindercottagekeepsakes.com


The next image I usually think of is the funky patchwork from the 70s. As the model in the photo shows us, wearing this look from top to bottom wasn't something out of the ordinary or intimidating to the eclectic and fashionably daring men and women of the time.


photo courtesy gettyimages.com


However, my mind is slowly beginning to see more possibilities with this style with the help of some fun and stylish pieces I've been noticing recently.

While browing the Spring and Fall 2008 collections, I realized that there was tons of patchwork on the runways including Dolce & Gabbana, Kenzo, Moschino Cheap and Chic and Matthew Williamson where the look appeared on both clothing and accessories.


photos courtesy elle.com and style.com


If you're feeling this trend, check out these affordable patchwork items that I found.








Madden Girl Maggiee Shoe
Price: US$65.00
http://www.poppincollaz.com/madden-girl-maggiee-shoe.html








Also, for those of you who haven't seen it as yet, check out the post below on the Dorothy Perkin's Summer Sale to get up to 50% off on clothing and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy