Saturday, April 25, 2009

Im a Nerd (or was it Geek) and I say it Proud!

All through Grade 12 (when I was there) in the art room there was a never ending debate on who a nerd is and who is a geek. It seemed that each of us had our own take on it and seeing as non of us got off our butts and walked over to the liberty to wiki it ill do it now.  Oh thoughs' pree-Iphone days (a friends). But first ....I forgot what I was going to say... darn just for laughs. Ok wiki it is. 

Nerd [nɚd] is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered aloner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

And now Geek!

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."[1]Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.

This word comes from English dialect geek, geck: fool, freak; from Low German geck, from Middle Low German. The root geck still survives in Dutch gek: crazy, and in the Alsatian word Gickeleshut: geek's hat, used in carnivals[2].

See there its settled. Man I love wiki. On a side not I just m
ade spicy chilly pasta with coconut milk. Back onto the topic at hand. Hmm seems that I have yet to tell you my topic. Silly me. Its about Comics, Marvel comics to be process. I will do a DC one one day. So as you all know Marvel has really been pushing there comics, movies, tv shows, t-sherts, and whatever ells they can. There next new movie that comes out on may first is X-men Origins. I have Been wondering if he will be mixed into Avengers movies that is bound to be made. So fare we have had Iron man and the halk. Still missing is most of the people who make up the Avengers. IMDB is reporting the release d
ate sometime in 2012. The second Iron man movie in 2010. Now I have been wondering if there is cilvil war undertones in this. Seeing as Tony Stark only comes forward as Iron man at the start to promote others into revealing there Identities. He gets Spider-man also known as Peter Parker to come forward (I think has one of the best spreads of all the books, the look on JJ's face is priceless)... 

I will not go into the back story. So any-who you can see where I would think things could go this way. I'm just waiting to see what is done about Caption America. In civil war they are both leaders of opposite factions. Back to the Avengers, I am curios to see what line up they use. If it will be the founding members (sept. 1963) Thor, Iron Man, Henry Pym (ant man), Wasp the X-wife of Pym and the Hulk. I could see it going that way seeing as there has already been a hulk movie (I like to suppress the memory of 2003). Did you know that Spider-man is part of the Avengers, Not publicly cuz he is Unregistered after all (post cilvil war).  I recommend looking through Spider-man: A brand new day. Where was I? Will there be a crossover with the X-men origins movie? IMDB is saying that there is a Nick Fury movie to come too (2012). But that makes senesce. After all Fury has a past with Wolverine Or should that be the other way? Somehow I think I should stop there seeing as I do not think many people will know what I am talking about. But to make up for the fact I'm posting a short vids that has a Hulk, Spider-man, Iron Man team up agents a Giant robot. Hope you like it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy