Wednesday, May 12, 2010
A Sneak Peek At The 2010 Vader Project & Auction Catalog
If you've never heard of The Vader Project, the idea began in 2005 and the first exhibit took place in 2007. Since then, it has continued annually. Each year, various artists are asked to customize a 1:1 scale authentic prop replica of the actual Darth Vader helmet featured in the STAR WARS™ films.
above helmet for 2010 Vader Project by Plasticgod
This summer, 2010, the following 100 talented artists are participating in the project:
Josh Agle (Shag), Troy Alders, Kii Arens, Attaboy, Anthony Ausgang, Axis, Aye Jay, Gary Baseman, Andrew Bell, Tim Biskup, Mark Bodnar, BXH HIKARU, Andrew Brandou, Buff Monster, Mister Cartoon, Chino, Mr. Clement, Robbie Conal, CRASH, Steven Daily, Dalek, Dehara, DGPH, Cam de Leon, Devilrobots, Yoko d'Holbachie, Bob Dob, Tristan Eaton & Azk One - Thunderdog Studios, Marc Ecko, Eelus, Ron English, FERG, David Flores, Brian Flynn - Hybrid Design, Paul Frank, Gargamel, Huck Gee, Fawn Gehweiler, Mike Giant, Girls Drawin Girls, Dan Goodsell, Gris Grimly, Joe Hahn, Haze XXL, Jesse Hernandez, Derek Hess, Itokin Park, Jeremyville, kaNO, Mori Katsura - RealxHead, Sun-MinKim & David Horvath, Jim Koch, Frank Kozik, David S. Krys - DSK Designs, Peter Kuper, Wade Lageose - Lageose Design, Joe Ledbetter, Simone Legno - Tokidoki, MAD, Mad Barbarians, Madtwiinz, Marka27, Mars-1, Bill McMullen, Melvins, Mori Chack, Brian Morris, Nanospore, Niagara, Mitch O'Connell, olive47, Martin Ontiveros, Estevan Oriol, Alex Pardee, The Pizz, Plasticgod, PlaysKewl, Dave Pressler, Ragnar, Jermaine Rogers, Erick Scarecrow, Secret Base, J. Otto Seibold, Sket-One, Shawn Smith, Winston Smith, Jeff Soto, Damon Soule, Bwana Spoons, Jophen Stein, Suckadelic, T9G, Gary Taxali, Cameron Tiede, Touma, UrbanMedium, Usugrow, Michelle Valigura, VanBeater, Amanda Visell.
And I have an early look at some of the amazing designs that will be included in the exhibit and auction for you:
This summer, The Vader Project launches the final chapter of its four-year art odyssey. The iconic collection features 100 Darth Vader Helmets re-imagined by today’s most notable artists. Completing its epic world tour, The Vader Project returns to Los Angeles in June for a special ten-day exhibition in Hollywood as a preview to the upcoming Freeman’s Auction in Philadelphia.
The Los Angeles Preview Exhibition is free to the public with an opening reception on June 11 from 6-10pm. On June 12, the space will present a catalog signing event with over 20 participating artists in attendance beginning at 2pm on June 12. The Los Angeles Preview Exhibition will be open June 12-20 daily from Noon to 6pm.
In July, The Vader Project travels to Freeman’s Auctioneers and Appraisers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for the final opportunity to view the helmets in person before they are sold at auction. “The result is astounding” said Simeon Lipman, Pop Culture Specialist at Freeman’s. “The sale will give members of the public the chance to purchase unique artworks made from these iconic symbols of the movie industry by a number of well known artists including Shag, Marc Ecko, Tim Biskup, Frank Kozik and many more.”
The Freeman’s Auction will take place July 10, 2010 at Freeman’s Auction House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania preceded by a 5-day exhibition there July 5-9.
The Auction catalog is a large 200 page comprehensive book that features highly detailed photos of all the helmets from every angle. You can pre-order a catalog of The Vader Project here.
Here's a peek at a few of the pages from the Freeman's Auction catalog:
Collectors and art connoisseurs worldwide will have the opportunity to bid online at Freeman’s website. Most bidding will begin at $1,500. For more information about how to participate in the auction, please visit “How to Buy at Auction” at www.freemansauction.com/buying.asp.
Curated and produced by Dov Kelemer and Sarah Jo Marks of DKE Toys, The Vader Project features 100 of the best underground artists and designers working today. “From a simple idea in 2005 to a record-setting exhibition in 2009, it’s time for our child to venture forth into the world,” Kelemer and Marks said. “We are pleased to have partnered with Freeman’s to make these fine pieces of art available to the public for the first time.”
This auction is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd., and has no relationship with Lucasfilm. Star Wars and all related intellectual property is © or ® 2010 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved.
All images and info courtesy of The Vader Project and Charm School Marketing
- More driving music. For M & me.
- Omani Arabic-for my girl in Jordan- part 1
- Saluting Design: An Army Of Military-Inspired Prod...
- UNICEF report on women and children in Oman, 2006
- The Omani Dress Project
- Frankincense, part 1
- Pretty Omani Hijab Styles and Make-Up
- Omani Bridal Hijab Styles
- Dixie Chicks-Wide Open Spaces & Cowboy Take Me Awa...
- Who I am-by Jessica Andrews
- yellow jilbab "barbie rumbai"
- green jilbab "barbie rumbai"
- Dennis Hopper, Behind The Camera And The Canvas.
- All the Cute Ramadan and Eid Decorations
- So Long Easy Rider. Dennis Hopper Dies Of prostate...
- MADDECK Playing Cards By Ozlem Olcer. They're Magi...
- Food Presentation Ideas for Ramadan
- Cubistic Cubbies: Cornell Boxes From TECTA
- Moon, Star, and Palm Decorations for Ramadaan
- Yummy Ramadaan Recipes: crescent Moon cookies
- Converse All Stars Go Upscale. Beautiful Leather H...
- Add Some Body Hair To Your Wardrobe, Courtesy Of N...
- beautiful jilbab pink
- beautiful jilbab wholesale
- jilbab wholesale color orange,red and blue
- The PANTONE Hotel In Brussels Offers Colorful Acco...
- Dr. Romanelli X Levi's California Beach Capsule Co...
- See This Art Exhibit Before It Migrates. Borderlan...
- picture jilbab fashions show
- Make A Doody In Denim: Huggies Launches Jean Diape...
- Mad About Khaleeji Abayas
- Dress Jilbab Brides Deborah Collection
- jilbab bridal by fatmasari
- elegant and exclusive jilbab bridal
- Cute Omani Kids
- Design That's Up To Par. La Bolleur's Mini Golf Co...
- Little Girl's Bedroom Design Inspiration
- Persian Fantasy Wallpaper for Bedroom/ a pink bedr...
- I wanna go skating.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
- The Safe House In Poland Is A Modern Fortress With...
- My new blue and green room: inshaAllah
- Vintage Style DC Comic Posters By Michael Myers Jr...
- Damien Hirst & Other Artists Do Deck Chairs
- Zaho-Je te promets
- Driving in Oman (and yes, I know the cartoon isn't...
- An Omani Princess' To-Do List
- Home Decor That Goes Up To 11. Rock n' Roll Furnis...
- Handball First Division Championship Winner 2010
- jilbab bride by fatmasari
- It's A Scooter! It's A Stroller! It's The Roller...
- Stylish Jilbab Modern Bride
- Brinca Dada Does It Again! The Bennett House Minia...
- white and pink jilbab bride
- creation of a jilbab Muslim bride
- Olivier Kosta-Théfaine (Stak) Fires Up Some Cool C...
- 6 Minute Film By BBH For Johnnie Walker Takes Top ...
- jilbab bride made of siffon chameleon
- populer beautiful jilbab bride
- Artist Decorated Eames Chairs For Auction Benefit ...
- LOST: The Animated Series Project By Michael Myers...
- Super Sexy CPR Sells Fortnight Lingerie
- Sweet New Book! Lolli-POP by Massimo Gammacurta
- Transportation in Oman pt 1
- Omani Women's Traditional Clothing for Formal Occa...
- Handcrafted Wooden Trays Inspired By Architectural...
- gallery jilbab grosir
- The most popular beautiful jilbab
- jilbab grosir murah payet jepang bunga
- Design Your Own Throw Pillows At Inmod
- Dream & Fly. Mini Hotel Pods For The Weary Travele...
- Jilbab Jumbo wholesale Rayon Sulam
- Jilbab grosir Jumbo Kombinasi
- jilbab is a different definition of beauty
- World's Most Expensive Barbie Unveiled: Over Half ...
- Disney Hips Up Their Plushies & Classic Characters...
- Jilbab Grosir Murah untuk anak-anak
- jilbab grosir siana tali batik
- 4 macam jilbab grosir murah desain batik
- Who's The Man? Artist Rudy de Belgeonne, That's Wh...
- Private Co-Branding. Karl Lagerfeld's Strippable M...
- 0 To 60 In... An Hour. The Infiniti Special Editio...
- The Glänta Ceiling & Suspension Lamp By Johan Carp...
- A Sneak Peek At The 2010 Vader Project & Auction C...
- The Photography Of Eva Mueller
- More Amazing Arboreal Architecture. Baumraum Tree ...
- Pap(i)er Fashion At The Museum Bellerive
- Lean, Mean, Trims The Green & Every Lazy Homeowner...
- Jean Nouvel's New National Museum Of Qatar
- Metamorfosi Sinks & Origami Tubs From Stocco of It...
- Some Of The Sharpest Sharpie Art Out There
- Growing Rings & Necklaces by HAF, Now Available
- jilbab grosir cantik kancing 4 stripes
- jilbab grosir siana tali batik
- four Model Muslim Jilbab Fashion
- World's Most Expensive Dog Collars For The Haute H...
- jilbab grosir berwarna putih
- jilbab grosir berwarna hijau
- jilbab grosir berwarna kuning
- The Abaya as a Cape in Muslim Fashion Show
- Emirati Silver Square Abaya of Muslim Fashion
- ▼ May (120)
- ► 2009 (391)