Saturday, April 19, 2008

What I got - Thrifting finds

Many of the best clothes and accessories I own have been discovered while thrifting. When I say thrifting, I don't mean thrift stores because we don't have any of those in Barbados, unfortunately. Almost every Saturday, someone holds a garage sale or flea market and this is the thrifting outlet for many Barbadians who are looking to get good deals on various items. I try to go as often as I can, but many times, I'm either busy or I wake up too late and the sun is way too hot at that time. Trust me, scorching sun equals misery.

These past two Saturdays, however, I was able to go to a few sales and get some pretty good stuff. Now the things I get cannot be compared to the amazing clothes and accessories available in other countries for dirt cheap prices (I wanna go away so badly!) but they're reasonable. Below are the items I purchased.

N.B BDS $1 = US $0.50


Red, Navy and White striped cardigan - BDS$10
Pink turtleneck - BDS$5


Full pleated pink striped skirt - BDS$5
Full tiered pink skirt (not dingy as in picture) - BDS $5


Large Square Clock Scarf - BDS$7
Large Square Dotted Scarf - BDS$7


Yellow and teal drop earrings - BDS$5


Brand new Grey Striped Shorts - BDS$7
(
There was also a pair of Ralph Lauren shorts for BDS$5 but they were too small for me. Pity!)


Wide Brown Textured Belt - Free


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy