We hear it all the time; every woman should have at least one little black dress (LBD) in her wardrobe. Another classic item popularized by the great Coco Chanel, the LBD has been around for decades. Early styles were simple and effortlessly chic, with full skirted and shift dresses being common choices.
These days, while many women still opt for the classic LBD, modern versions have been updated to different silhouettes and include eye catching details to suit the times and the personal style of the wearer.
Actress Emmy Rossum attended the Metropolitan Opera on April 21 in a Fall 2007 YSL black ruffled minidress. While the shape of the dress is simple, the gorgeous details of the dress add more than enough interest.
Below are some great LBDs that will stand out even in a sea of black.
#1: Stenay Sequin Dress - US$67.90
#2: Oasis Puff Sleeve Shine Dress - UK£30.00 (US$66.03)
#3: Asymmetrical One Shoulder Dress - US$34.95
#4: Michelle Dress - US$54.50
#5: Ruffled Shift Dress - US$29.80
#6: CAGEY Rosette Accented Minidress - US$26.99
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- What I want right now - Tie Neck Blouse
- Rock those stars!
- Lulu*s Fashion Lounge Myspace Giveaway
- Cool Vintage Finds - Feeling blue?
- Indie Designer Spotlight - The Domestic Feminist
- Fatal Attraction 2 - The Little Black Dress
- Celebrity Style for Less - Jennifer Aniston
- What I got - Thrifting finds
- Sweet Spring Scarves Part 2
- Would you rock this? - Fergie
- Ebay Spring Trend - Flower with love
- Get it for way less - Yellow cut-out top
- Sale Alert - Aldoshoes.com
- What I got - Moroccan Necklace
- Cool Vintage Finds - Go-go Mod
- Fatal Attraction 2 - Tweed
- Indie Designer Spotlight - Xlique
- Top it off!
- ▼ April (18)