Tweed is a classic style item introduced to the fashion world by Coco Chanel in 1926. Since then, tweed has seen many shapes and forms and is still popular today. Until recently, however, tweed has been associated with a much older, high society crowd but now the younger generation is mixing it up to give it a younger, fresher look.
I've always been a fan of tweed and I bought an amazing blue-green mix tweed blazer a while ago from ebay and I love it so much. In order to make tweed look more modern, it should be worn one tweed item at a time and play with brighter colours and contrasting textures such as silk. Also, when wearing tweed clothing, try to wear form fitting shapes so not to look matronly.
Here are a few tweed items you can be creative with.
#1: Women's Regular Long Sleeve Twill Tweed Cardigan - US$59.99
#2: Soundgirl The Josette Dress - US$80.00
#3: Lux High Waisted Tweed Pencil Skirt - US$19.99
#4: Rosetti Tweed Satchel - US$19.60
#5: Newport News Tweed Pump - US$20.00
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- What I want right now - Tie Neck Blouse
- Rock those stars!
- Lulu*s Fashion Lounge Myspace Giveaway
- Cool Vintage Finds - Feeling blue?
- Indie Designer Spotlight - The Domestic Feminist
- Fatal Attraction 2 - The Little Black Dress
- Celebrity Style for Less - Jennifer Aniston
- What I got - Thrifting finds
- Sweet Spring Scarves Part 2
- Would you rock this? - Fergie
- Ebay Spring Trend - Flower with love
- Get it for way less - Yellow cut-out top
- Sale Alert - Aldoshoes.com
- What I got - Moroccan Necklace
- Cool Vintage Finds - Go-go Mod
- Fatal Attraction 2 - Tweed
- Indie Designer Spotlight - Xlique
- Top it off!
- ▼ April (18)