Sunday, January 2, 2011

I have 1 to add: You know you've been in Oman too long when...

...You buy a heater in the middle of an Omani December {Yep, I actually did that} and you don't actually think it weird at all that they sell wool winter coats in the fashion avenues of this little desert country.

I bought a little 3.9 OMR heater from Lulu, the kind that blows hot air. Coming from a cold country, I know it to be a sucky little thing, but I don't exactly live at the top of Jebel Akhdar, so I don't really need one of those oil metal coil radiators, now do I, going at 14-20 rials? I figure I'll only be using it for 3 months max out of the year, and it heats up my little bedroom and kitchen just fine in the mornings, so, so far, it has turned out to be a great purchase, plus a nice felt blanket from Mars Hypermarket. Hehehe, my little sis would LOVE the faux Louis Vuitton Harajuko rainbow print ones (we know not real Louis) they've got there, in the Sohar Mars Hyper, Japanese culture addict that she is. I should get her one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy