Monday, April 5, 2010
Pop down to these Pop-up Shops
I visited Sketchbook Magazine's much discussed pop-up shop on Saturday in London's trendy Soho area. Since I printed out the wrong map to the location (of course), I had to ask around in various stores around the area (including one with a cute guy behind the counter "Hello you" *winks*) and after walking around like a headless chicken for 30 mins, I finally found my way to the shop on Newburgh Street.
I was a bit ruffled from the confusion but my spirits were quickly lifted when I stepped inside and I was engulfed by a wonderful mood of creativity and artistic expression. Covering the previously pristine whitewashed walls were gorgeous fashion illustrations in stylized marker-drawn picture frames as well as books, clothing, accessories and much more spilling out of every nook and cranny of the downstairs room.
A number of other fashion lovers soon arrived and we all took our seats for the upcoming event which was a lecture/discussion by prominent UK stylist, Rebekah Roy who took us through her journey of becoming a stylist which involved plenty of hard work, determination and even a few interesting career-propelling chance encounters with well-known fashion personalities. She was very warm and honest and eagerly dispensed a lot of helpful advice to the aspiring fashion stylists in the audience.
The Sketchbook Magazine Pop-Up Shop is located at 10 Newburgh Street, Carnaby, W1 and it will be hosting a variety of fashion and music-related workshops, lectures and other exciting activities from now until April 18, 2010.
For more information on the Sketchbook Pop-Up Shop, visit the Sketchbook Blog.
Another Soho area fashion attraction is the Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) White Gold Pop-Up Shop which I chanced upon during my search for the Sketchbook Mag's event.
Inside the store was the uplifting sight of colourful furnishings, cool clothing and tasty cookies and cupcakes - a winning combination.
Two friendly volunteers happily welcomed me inside the store and explained EJF's mission and the purpose this pop-up shop.
The EJF's 'Pick Your Cotton Carefully' campaign features T-shirts designed by Giles Deacon, Betty Jackson, Christian Lacroix, Luella among others, and the tees were photographed on popular models including Devon Aoki, Coco Rocha, Lily Cole and Irina Lazareanu.
The eco-friendly shirts are designed around the theme of "childhood, lost innocence and hope" and they highlight EJF's newly released and highly anticipated report called "Slave Nation" on their campaign to end forced child labour in the world's 3rd largest cotton exporter, Uzbekistan.
It's difficult to imagine that the reality for an estimated 1 million children, some as young as 10 years old, are forced to work in Uzbekistan's cotton fields day after day and are subjected squalid living conditions, paid very little to nothing and contract dangerous, sometimes fatal, illnesses.
EJF aims to provide an alternative to these terrible labour conditions by using organic, fairtrade Continental cotton from Turkey and printed with organic certified inks. Additionally, the money raised from the sale of the 'Pick Your Cotton Carefully' tees goes towards EJF's work to eradicate forced child labour and the use of dangerous pesticides in cotton production.
The EJF 'Pick Your Cotton Carefully' T-Shirts can be bought for just £30 at the Pop-Up shop itself, in selected stores worldwide and also online at www.ejfoundation.org/shop. The shop also showcases chic clothing and accessories by other ethical fashion labels which are also available for sale.
Go check out EJF's Pop-Up Shop on Carnaby Street, Monday to Saturday from 10am – 7pm and on Sunday from 12pm – 6pm to pick up some stylish, exclusively designed clothing and support a great cause at the same time.
Head over to www.ejfoundation.org for more information on the Environmental Justice Foundation.
Posted by M45 R4D3N at 12:58 PM
- The Latest Lexus Hybrid Is An Electric Carbon Fibe...
- Gallery Jilbab Muslim Fashion & Different
- green beautiful Model jilbab muslim by Keisha
- Fashions Jilbab Che Che Kirani
- The Most Beautiful Nail Art (Or Manicure Masterpie...
- Black Simple jilbab Muslim Fashion Veil
- Beautiful Jilbab Trendy Fashion 2010
- Jilbab Islamic Fashion Festiva by tuan hasnah
- Antoine Laverdiere's Restaurant Animal Lights Avai...
- Iron Man 2 Movie Tie-Ins & Merchandising From Frag...
- pink Jilbab Trendy Fashion 2010
- beautiful fashions jilbab by keisha
- unique jilbab muslim color pink
- Kria Bones Up On Jewelry Design, Vertebrae Necklac...
- Move Over Snuggie, We've Got Happiness In Bed
- Hugh Saves Hollywood Sign
- Badr and Water & seeing the dam in Quaryat
- Casual Dream Jilbab Muslim Fashion
- green beautiful Model jilbab muslim
- The Bristow Jilbab Muslim Fashion color Pink
- More Steampunk Architecture From Dave Trautrimas -...
- Model Jilbab Muslim Fashion red color
- Beautiful Model Jilbab Muslim Fashion
- Model Jilbab Muslim Fashion Nurul Izzah
- Ben's So New Money. A Close Look At The 100$ Redes...
- Maison Moschino: Fashionable Fantasy Accommodation...
- jilbab Shabrina Gamis coklate
- What I lost in Translation, is my ability to speak...
- My Advice for All WOULD-BE-CASSANOVAS in Oman
- Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm Back!
- Coca-Cola Light Gets Dressed By Another Designer, ...
- Zaskia Adya Mecca with jilbab
- Musilm Fashion jilbab in Cinema Love Story as Ayat...
- Brown Fashion Jilbab Muslim by Zaskia Mecca
- 2010 Simple of wedding fashions jilbab
- Beautiful girl hooded with fashions jilbab
- Jonas Samson's Light Emitting Wallpaper Becomes Ec...
- Surreal Artwork by Deborah Hamon Combines Photogra...
- jilbab cotton thin color krem
- beautiful muslimah jilbab Jewels coklate
- jilbab manohara paris coklate
- New Underground Eco-friendly Hotel Bella Vista By ...
- The Little Black Dress Gets Crystallized By 22 Des...
- Marisa Haque Muslim Fashion Jilbab Wear
- Blue Fashions Jilbab by Nini Payet
- Jilbab Fashions Livina Pearl coklate
- Drink To Earth Day With Yet 10 More Organic Vodkas...
- 72 Eco-Friendly Finds For Earth Day!
- bross jilbab fashions in malaysia
- Levi's Integrates Facebook's Like Button On Their ...
- 16w21 Apartments By Zac Posen Get Dolled Up In The...
- beautiful fashions jilbab color pink
- beautiful sweety jilbab fashions
- beautiful jilbab children
- beautiful fashions jilbab gallery
- 10 reasons not jilbab
- Fashion Inspiration - Business Chic
- Plenty Of Pot-Related Posts For 420.
- 2010 best beautiful jilbab fashions
- beautiful jilbab fashions color green
- Beautiful Jilbab Kids Fashion Moslem
- Designers Get Disney-ized. Cartoon Couture Fashion...
- Hey Fornasetti Fanatics! More Fun Collaborations &...
- Some Toy! Audi's Auto Union Type C Limited Edition...
- Jilbab Moslem Fashion 2010 in Kuala Lumpur
- A model showcases jilbab Moslem Fashion Designs
- Aspiral Clocks From London. Telling Time With A Tw...
- 2010 Islamic Moslem Fashion jilbab Festival by Kie...
- Designs jilbab moslem islamic fashion
- Blue beautiful jilbab islamic wedding dresses in d...
- Skull Chair, Brain Ottoman & Spine Lamp. The Vanit...
- The Controversial SHREK Fashion Editorial For Vman...
- New modern fashions jilbab islamic wedding dress
- Models Women Muslim Fashion jilbab in Iran
- Beautiful Jilbab Fashion Moslem Zaskia
- Product Pick Of the Week: Maluka Pebble Sofas & Ch...
- 2010 Simple jilbab of wedding fashion
- 2010 Muslim Fashion jilbab Show
- 2010 Gallery Model Muslim Jilbab Fashion
- White Jilbab Moslem for Wedding Gown Fashion
- red fashions jilbab PARIS butterfly quadrilateral
- Age 103 And Still Designing. The Life & Work Of Le...
- Elegant and Beautiful Jilbab Gallery Moslem Fashio...
- Best Elegant Muslim Fashion color Yellow Gallery J...
- Muslim Fashion of Jilbab with Batik Texture in ind...
- The Dekka Daybed By FurnID; A Synthesis of Danish ...
- Jilbab Creation Sweet Layer - Jilbab Batik
- Creative Sweet Layer Jilbab - jilbab Tulle
- beautiful woman with a pure heart jilbab
- Students in Belgium Wear Jilbab Banned
- GLEE does Madonna; Side By Side Photos and More!
- Any Fashion Designers want to work for Celine?
- Gut Oggau Puts Their Best Face Forward. On Their W...
- jilbab jasmine blossom in indonesia
- rose simpel jilbab in indonesia
- Jilbab Exclusive Mother Child FIRST in Indonesia
- Artist Eric Daigh Sticks It To Us With His Pushpin...
- jilbab with beautiful petal deatil with shayla
- Jilbab with beautiful 4 tier teal diamantes with c...
- Our Beautiful Dubai jilbab by khaleeji style
- ▼ April (133)
- ► 2009 (391)