Sunday, March 7, 2010
London Fashion Weekend 2010
So, I went to London Fashion Weekend last weekend and since it was my second time attending a major London fashion event (the other was Clothes Show Live), I was excited to see what it was all about.
As you all may have realized by now, I do love a good shopping deal and the outfit I wore to the show was comprised of items I picked up from various places at bargain prices.
Below is what I wore to the show - a blue Jacques Vert blouse that I picked up at a car boot sale for 50p, a red Hobbs skirt that was on sale for £19, a black belt that came with a top I bought from New Look and an Aldo necklace that was on sale with a 'two for the price of one' offer (I also got the black and silver version).
(Please excuse the facial expression - I wasn't even a little ready for that photo and sadly, it was the best one of the bunch.)
Even though the designer label prices at London Fashion Weekend were heavily discounted, I had a hard time finding items that I liked, were my size and were in my budget range. However, I did manage to pick up this SS08 Luella T-shirt for £25 which I think is really adorable.
What I was looking forward to more than anything else was the catwalk presentation and with looks from designers such as Betty Jackson, Herve Leger, Jasper Conran and Twenty8Twelve, I was not disappointed.
The show was presented by fashion journalist and TV presenter Louise Roe and was a compilation of designer looks from the SS10 runways which reflect some of the biggest trends of the season. Below are a few videos I made of the runway shows.
The first trend to hit the runway was 'Candy Rock' - soft, pastel colours and light, airy fabrics and romantic silhouettes. Featured designers included Jasper Conran, Herve Leger and Jaeger.
The second trend was Swallows & Amazons - described as 'Arthur Ransome meets Tim Burton', this trend 'combines layered mismatched pieces of luxe and denim with classic nautical tailoring and gothic leather'. Featured designers included Twenty8Twelve, Eley Kishimoto and Vivienne Westwood.
The final trend covered was Vintage Glamour - elegant, timeless vintage pieces that would fit seamlessly in the modern fashion world. Featured designers included Ossie Clarke, Zandra Rhodes and Biba.
We also got the pleasure of viewing Betty Jackson's entire Spring/Summer 2010 collection which was feminine, flirty and perfect for the upcoming warm weather.
- Leather Gloves With A Metal Manicure From Dominic ...
- What I Want Right Now - Ear Chain
- Jilbab Fashions for mother
- The Fashion Circles Of Jilbab Art
- A jilbab comes in various styles
- Sharpies Rock The Runway. Rodarte S/S 2010 Collect...
- beautiful jilbab fashions in indonesia
- JILBAB FASHION SHOW IN IRAN
- JILBAB CREATION AND MAKE UP FOR YOUR NATURAL WOMEN...
- Richard Meier Does Modern Architecture In Turkey. ...
- jilbab knitted together with Pashmina
- jilbab Humairah and jilbab Sulam
- Jilbab Humairah beauty of black ash
- The Peepoo, A Lean Green Latrine.
- Irani jilbab with beautiful Under jilbab style
- beautiful arabic jilbab styles with beautiful jilb...
- beautiful Jilbab Irani Scarve style in Cream color...
- Modernist Rocking Horses By Frederik Roijé
- Celebrity Style for less - Victoria Beckham
- A Modern Haggadah Will Hip Up Your Passover Seder....
- Jilbab Shop Serut Side color blue
- Muslim Driving School
- Jilbab Shop Home Combinations color blue
- Jilbab Shop Home Combinations
- New Modern Loft In Hamburg, Germany By GRAFT
- Jorge Colombo Sketches Covers For The New Yorker O...
- Jilbab side split
- beautiful jilbab muslimah in indonesia
- wholesale jilbab and Muslim fashion beauty, qualit...
- Fishes Eddy Serves Up Pills, Intervention & Urban ...
- Real Diamond Studded Computer Mice - The World's M...
- New Design Finds; Uluru Sofa, iPhone Font, Insect ...
- Pet Names For Your Pussy Promote The Mooncup, An A...
- KISS Footballers & Other Custom Kickers For Foosba...
- Cool Vintage Finds - Feline Fantasy
- Karim Rashid's New Furniture Collection For Vondom...
- Road to Hajj
- HOMA - The Hotel Of Modern Art In The Yuzi Paradis...
- ABC Lamps by Sandro Santantonio For Prandina
- Halal Music time.
- Earth Hour
- Ever walked a pot-bellied pig while wearing Chanel...
- London Fashion Weekend 2010
- Khaleeji Hair Dance
- Omani Forts: part 1.
- Horseback Riding in Oman
- Alcohol in Oman: Drink it Up
- Fashion Fusion Expo 2010
- THE BOOK: chapter 1
- FUNNY ROP QUOTES
- Crime in Oman
- Today I am stuck on Oscar Wilde quotes the remind ...
- ▼ March (53)
- ► 2009 (391)