3 tablespoons ghee
2 medium onions or 250 g, sliced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
2 cups water or 500 ml
1 cup yoghurt or 250 ml
3 tablespoons omani mixed spices
1 dried lime, cut into halves
1 kg lamb, pieces with bones
2 cubes Mutton Bouillon
3 medium tomatoes or 450 g, peeled and diced
3 cups basmati rice or 600 g, washed and drained
5 whole cardamom pods
5 whole cloves
5 whole black peppers
5 cinnamon sticks
Pinch salt, to taste
9 cups boiling water or 2¼ Liters, extra quantity to boil the rice
½ teaspoon saffron filaments, soaked in ¼ cup or 60ml rose water
Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large pot (reserve 1 tablespoon), add onions and cook until they become golden brown in color. Add garlic and ginger, stir then add water, yoghurt, Omani mix spices, dried lime, lamb pieces, Mutton Stock cubes and diced tomato. Stir to boil. Cover and simmer on low heat with occasional stirring for 1½ hour or until lamb is cooked. Set aside.
Meanwhile place rice, whole spices and salt in the extra boiling water, cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is ¾ cooked, remove and drain.
Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee in a large pot, Put half the quantity of cooked rice in the pot, add the lamb mixture over the rice and top with the remaining rice.
Sprinkle saffron and rosewater mixture on top of rice.
Cover the pot; cook on low heat for 25 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- ► 2010 (1125)
- Worst Robberies Ever
- fashion designer
- fashion Design
- Fashion designers
- Clothing Design
- Fashion Design
- Future Fashion
- Design with Milan
- From a former alcoholic, why is there so much alco...
- What He Gives and What He Withholds
- Traditional woman's dress, Salalah Oman
- woman's dresses from Muscat,Oman
- Traditional Men's Dress
- Have You Ridden a Camel?
- Another Traditional Fashion Feature
- Omani Fashion Show
- Mudema Omani Folk Dance
- Razha Omani Folk Dance
- Traditional Dance from Oman
- Traditional Woman's Dress in Muscat
- Muscat Map
- All these posts about second wives....
- Omani Fashion Designer: Amal Al Ra'aes
- Why Arranged Marriage Anyway
- Funny Things About Muscat
- young green jilbab gown of celebrity model in fash...
- Bought My Ticket
- Morrocan Sword Belly Dance
- Omani Food: lamb biryani
- Omani Food: chicken biryani
- Elegantly Appointed Rooms
- Outdoor Living Ideas
- More Omani Bridal Make-UPs
- Modern Morrocan Influences
- Fashion Designers of Green Moslem Jilbab Fashion
- Asseccories jilbab of moslem fashion 2009
- Wedding Fashion for Bridal Gown Collection
- Eastern Wedding Fashion for Party
- ▼ December (40)