Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Relocation, Relocation

Hey everyone,

My sincerest apologies for being completely MIA over the past few months. At first, this absence began out of lack of inspiration, and then I was busy working on a mural for a preschool which took up all my time and energy.

However, I have some big news I must share with you! I relocated from Barbados to England on November 21 and I've been completely wrapped up in the chaos of settling into a new country.

While this new environment is completely different from the one I grew up in, it's so exciting to experince something new and interesting. It's been quite an adjustment particularly in terms of my wardrobe as many of the clothes I wore in Barbados were suited for tropical weather and are pretty impractical in the cold winter weather. I've had a chance to do some shopping for a few winter wardrobe essentials (coat, jumpers, boots etc.) but it's very basic so far.

In the short time I've been here, I have managed to explore quite a bit and I try to capture memories wherever I go. So far, the only photographic device I have had access to is my mobile phone but I've been making it work.

I attended the Clothes Show Live fashion exhibition in Birmingham on December 5 and it was a really fantastic event. Not only was it full of tons of discounted shopping deals, there was also plenty of entertainment in the form of fashion shows. It was my first time attending any fashion event of that scale and I was especially excited since it was my first time attending a designer fashion show. It was completely exhilarating watching the amazing designs of Vivienne Westwood, John Galliano, Dolce & Gabbana, Jean Paul Gaultier among others sashay down the runway.

Tomorrow, I plan to go to the Fashion & Textile Museum in London and I'll make sure to take some photos to share with you!

If any of you readers have any suggestions for any other great places to visit in England, I would really appreciate them. Thanks a lot!


Also, take a look at this lovely, atmospheric video of the Chanel Spring/Summer 2010 Details. Love, love, love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy