Friday, July 31, 2009

Songs of my childhood

When I was little, I am talking before 5 years old, my mother would play Opera and classical music for me before bed. I have good memories of this most of the time (some blood curtailing screams scared me now and then). Certain songs bring me right back to that safe place where I know that nothing bad will happen. Others take me bake to frozen raspberries with sugar and milk as I at them in bed. My mom and dad did not really consider the age rage of what I was lessening too. I have not heard of many 3 year olds enjoying the Phantom of the Opera as a bed time story but that was me. You do not even wont to know what movies my dad let me watch when I was 6 (It involves aliens and organ harvesting). Can you tell I was a first child? Well I am still trying to peace some things together like the story of a young girl sold into salary but runaway and was chased in the train station, then some how ends in a swamp with someone trying to kill her. I have been trying to figure out what one that is to no avail sadly. Here are some songs that I loved from my early childhood.

David Oistrakh, Debussy - Clair de lune


Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante ("Elvira Madigan")


Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (first movement) solo piano


Bach, Air on the G string (Air on a G string, string orchestra)


Beethoven - Für Elise (fur Elise, piano solo)


Bach, "Little" Fugue (G minor)


Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor, organ


Colm Wilkinson ( Music of the Night)


Phantom of the Opera




I used to lesson to plays on radio too once i learned to use one. It was grate that late night shows continued into the 90's I do not know if some shows still run these or not. But here are some good old ones. To be honest this is tame compared to what I considered a "bed time". I am just happy that my dad realized that some movies where not expectable for a kids, well when it was to late for me. I still remember my brother in tears on his birthday thinking that monkeys where going to melt out his internal organs. I think that he would have been 7. Hah the good old days, laugh.

War of the Worlds (radio broadcast from 1938) -1/6


War of the Worlds (radio broadcast from 1938) -2/6


War of the Worlds (radio broadcast from 1938) -3/6


War of the worlds (radiobroadcast from 1938) -4/6


War of the worlds (radiobroadcast from 1938) -5/6


War of the worlds (radiobroadcast from 1938) -6/6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy