Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ten Things (and more)

It's about time I actually do at least one of the tags I've been given (my apologies for the ones I've had to skip). This one was given to me by Tamia of The Style Sample.

So, in no particular order, here are:


TEN THINGS I LOVE

Sleep

Bargain hunting

The thrill of a new romantic interest (I haven't had one of these in quite a while...hmm...I miss it)

Being in the company of people who have a great sense of humour.

Creativity in any form

God, my family, friends

Cute, funny and slightly awkward guys (e.g. Michael Cera)

When inspiration strikes at the most unexpected times.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S (Even though I've watched all ten seasons, I can always rely on this show to make me laugh until my sides split.

People who are genuine and aren't afraid to do their own thing.


TEN THINGS I LOATHE

Seeing people spit...ugh, so gross....

Having to catch two buses to school in the merciless midday sun - a journey which also includes a fair amount of walking from one bus station to the next. Luckily I don't have to do this anymore :)

Arrogance as well as self-pity.

When guys say words like "nipple" or "giggle". It makes me cringe for some reason.

When applications 'quit unexpectedly' before I have the chance to save any work.

Mushy, affectionate nicknames that some couples use like 'baby', 'boo' or...*gasp*...'pumpkin'. I especially hate it when guys attempt to call me nicknames that so obviously do not suit me. I am 5' 10" and a guy once referred to me as 'shorty'. Cue exasperated sigh and dramatic eye roll.

Seeing women being trashy and throwing away their dignity just for a man's attention.

Cigarette smoke.

Alcohol.

Slugs, frogs, roaches and any other creature you'd have to call the Orkin Man for.


RANDOM FACTS

Once, when I was about five years old, I thought it would be a good idea to see what Toilet Bowl Cleaner felt like on my skin. Bad idea.

I love a good chick-lit read. The last one I read was Lip Kisses by Stella Chaplin. Hilarious.

I have a small collection of money from different countries in the world that I got from by father when he used to go on business trips. I have only actually been to two of these countries in my life (Trinidad and England) but I hope to change this in the future.

I have a fear of elevators that stems from watching some show when I was very young where an elevator cord snapped and plummeted its occupants several stories to their deaths. Apparently I never got over it.

I do not own a cell phone or a watch at this point in time.

I cannot stand the smell or taste of peanuts. Another childhood trauma that involves a bad jar of oily, chunky peanut butter and the regurgitation of the contents of aforementioned jar. Man, I have a lot of unresolved issues.





Below are the latest fashion blogger illustrations: Tavi of Style Rookie (top) and Karla of Karla's Closet (bottom).







This is not a tag but I thought I'd share a few of the many beautiful songs I can never get enough of:


Worry about you by Ivy


Sunday by Sia


Sophia by Nerina Pallot


Songs that we sing by Charlotte Gainsbourg


Come here boy by Imogen Heap



P.S a reminder to U.S residents to check out the Piperlime contest below for the chance to "Win a day in Rachel Zoe's shoes". You have until 11:59 p.m ET, January 25, 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright © 2010 | Mixed Fashion Design | Privacy Policy