I found this really cool video a while back and being as absent minded as I am, I forgot to bookmark it. Now many unsuccessful searches later, through the power of Youtube, I have been reunited with it. It's a great theatre production on how fashion has changed throughout the years. It was taken from a 1986 documentary but this excerpt is only like four minutes.
I am fascinated with clothing from decades past, my favourites being the 20s till the 40s. I love the independence and confidence the women had during these times, despite all they had going against them. They defined the clothing they wore, not the other way around.
The only downside to this video is that it's in French, so I really have no idea what they're saying but that doesn't really take away from it. If anyone can speak French, I would appreciate it if you can help me out if they've said anything interesting.
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- Would you rock this? - Rihanna
- Random Thoughts - Fashion through the years
- Keeping it short n' sweet!
- Celebrity Style for less - Eva Longoria
- Earn your (nautical) stripes!
- Ebay Spring Trend - Full Figured
- Share your style!
- Sale Alert - Nordstrom.com
- Cool Vintage Find - Draped Drama
- Happy Easter!
- Cool Vintage Find - Green Leaf Print Dress
- Sweet Spring Scarves
- Would you rock this? - Angie Harmon
- What I want right now - Owl Pendant
- Sale Alert - www.delias.com
- Random Thoughts - Celebrity Fashion Lines
- Fatal Attraction 2 - Statement Jewelry
- Ebay Spring Trend - Ebony and Ivory
- Celebrity Style for less - Leighton Meester
- Shoe in Bloom
- Sale Alert - Edressme.com
- Indie Designer Spotlight - 32lives
- Fatal Attraction 2 - One Shouldered Dresses
- FabSugar.com Balenciaga Bag Giveaway
- Ebay Spring Trend - Gathered together
- Celebrity Style for less - Kate Beckinsale
- Ebay Spring Trend - "In the jungle, the mighty jun...
- Ebay Spring Trend - Artsy Fartsy
- You only paid what??
- ▼ March (31)