Nicole Richie, Hilary Duff, Katie Holmes, Lauren Conrad, Paris Hilton. These are only a few in the many names on the Celebrity Fashion Line list, surely with more to come. It seems to be the new fad in Hollywood along with sex tapes (not really that new) and adopting children from foreign countries.
I keep asking myself however, what makes them qualified to design clothing? How much of the design process are they really involved in? The style that they are praised for; is their personal style or is it simply the work of a talented stylist?
There are the select few that seem to be serious about what they are doing such as Gwen Stefani and more recently, Nicky Hilton. However, in my opinion, most seem to want to do it simply because they can. There are many truly talented fashion designers in the world that unfortunately will never get the chance to experience it because they do not have the money and connections to do so. These are the people who live and breathe fashion every day and who should be the ones gracing the runways with their awe inspiring designs.
The more of these celeb lines that come out, the less the fashion industry will be taken seriously. Fashion will no longer be viewed as an art but simply as another means for the already rich and famous to get more rich and famous. I, for one, would not like to see this happen to one of the most expressive art forms in history.
You've read my thoughts on this matter. Do you agree/disagree?
- ► 2010 (1125)
- ► 2009 (391)
- Would you rock this? - Rihanna
- Random Thoughts - Fashion through the years
- Keeping it short n' sweet!
- Celebrity Style for less - Eva Longoria
- Earn your (nautical) stripes!
- Ebay Spring Trend - Full Figured
- Share your style!
- Sale Alert - Nordstrom.com
- Cool Vintage Find - Draped Drama
- Happy Easter!
- Cool Vintage Find - Green Leaf Print Dress
- Sweet Spring Scarves
- Would you rock this? - Angie Harmon
- What I want right now - Owl Pendant
- Sale Alert - www.delias.com
- Random Thoughts - Celebrity Fashion Lines
- Fatal Attraction 2 - Statement Jewelry
- Ebay Spring Trend - Ebony and Ivory
- Celebrity Style for less - Leighton Meester
- Shoe in Bloom
- Sale Alert - Edressme.com
- Indie Designer Spotlight - 32lives
- Fatal Attraction 2 - One Shouldered Dresses
- FabSugar.com Balenciaga Bag Giveaway
- Ebay Spring Trend - Gathered together
- Celebrity Style for less - Kate Beckinsale
- Ebay Spring Trend - "In the jungle, the mighty jun...
- Ebay Spring Trend - Artsy Fartsy
- You only paid what??
- ▼ March (31)